Most Viewed Stories
- Indians take surprise lead into final round of 4A state girls’ golf tourney
- Ramsey: Colorado girls’ soccer needs more yellow cards to mellow play
- State track and field notes
- Vista Ridge claims boys’ track and field team title for school’s first champion
- Discovery Canyon turns on waterworks at 4A swim meet
Ellicott sends first athlete to college ranks in four years
Ellicott’s Ashley D’Amour puts her signature on a letter of intent to play basketball at Bethany College in Kansas.
D’Amour, who averaged a team-high 15.3 points per game and led the Thunderhawks in 3-point shooting, assists and steals, also intends to walk on to the volleyball team for the NAIA Swedes.
Ellicott athletic director Jeff Collins said D’Amour is the school’s first athlete to sign an athletic scholarship in four years.
Pictured with D’Amour is Bethany assistant coach Bill Ferguson and Ashley’s mother, Jeri D’Amour.