- Well-traveled swimmer Davis prepared for move to Colgate
- KEVIN CARMODY
- After a life of moving around – thanks to a father in the Air Force – Devon Davis finally has a little peace of mind. He knows where he’ll reside for the next four or so years.
The Air Academy swimmer, who broke the state 4A record... Full story
- Doherty defensive specialist Batchelder fulfills lifelong dream to wear K-State purple
- KEVIN CARMODY
- As a little girl, Mattie Batchelder had dreams of following in her family’s heritage of receiving a college degree from Kansas State.
She just didn’t figure her play on the volleyball court would pave her way to the “Little Apple.&... Full story
- Signing notes: Roach's success caught her off guard
- Cheyenne Mountain
Roach’s talent was a surprise to her
Katie Roach had no idea she was D-I fast until coaches started calling.
“I just didn’t know,” she smiled, “it all happened so fast.”
On Wednesday, Roach si... Full story
- D-I colleges come calling at Cheyenne Mountain track and field
- BRENT W. NEW
- Cheyenne Mountain’s track and field team won’t sneak up on you.
At the sand pit, Jack Karber can triple jump the length of a school bus. On the track, Emma Kidd could beat one off the line. And in all, the Indians’ track and field ... Full story
- Six signees changed Palmer Ridge athletics
- BRENT W. NEW
- MONUMENT • On another snowy day two years ago, Palmer Ridge girls’ soccer goalkeeper Morgan Buzzell couldn’t see the impact that her leaping saves against Coronado would have on her school’s program.
In fact, on that day,... Full story
- Mesa Ridge's Groff signs to play football and basketball at McPherson
- DOUG FITZGERALD
- Cody Groff knows how to make people see things differently.
For three seasons, he sat the bench at Mesa Ridge waiting for his shot to quarterback the Grizzlies. When his chance came, things changed quickly.
“We've been really a run-first team... Full story
- Three Pine Creek Eagles heading to college baseball
- NEAL REID
- There’s a reason the Pine Creek baseball team is ranked among the top 10 in the state in 5A and ranked No. 1 in the Pikes Peak region.
Plenty of talent.
On Wednesday, spring signing day, three of those talents signed national letters of inent... Full story
- List of student-athletes who signed national letters of intent in spring
- Air Academy
Devon Davis, swimming, Colgate (D-I)
McCabe Helle, soccer, St. Mary's (Minn.) (D-III)
Caren Nelson, soccer, Oklahoma (D-I)
Kyle Routsong, track and field, Utah Valley (D-I)
Chelsea Payne, volleyball, Fort Hays (Kan.) (D-II)
Haley Wi... Full story
- Springs boasts more than 30 football signees
- JUSTIN FELISKO
- Even for some of Colorado Springs’ greatest football players the task of picking up a ballpoint pen and signing a national letter of intent can be an exhausting process.
But once the pen is put aside, and their names are signed along the dotte... Full story
- Vista Ridge's Cartagena committing to UNC
- Speedster could play as freshman
- SCOTT KANIEWSKI
- Brandon Cartagena set a Vista Ridge school record Thursday without playing a game.
The Wolves football star verbally committed to Northern Colorado, becoming the first Vista Ridge athlete to commit to a Division I program.
“My sophomore year ... Full story