Most Viewed Stories
- Ramsey: Cheyenne Mountain should be tough to beat again in 2014
- Two second-half goals land Cheyenne Mountain girls' soccer title
- Ramsey: Distraught TCA misses chances in 3A girls’ soccer final
- Prep notebook: Memorial Day all-star baseball games for top prep players
- TCA misses chances in 1-0 2OT loss to Peak to Peak in 3A girls’ soccer final
Football coach accused of hitting Utah boy in game
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah authorities say a youth football coach struck a 13-year-old player near the sideline with his forearm late in a tied game, giving the boy a concussion.
Police Sgt. Lance Smith says video from Saturday's game shows 38-year-old Nathan Harris intentionally knocking the boy down. Smith says witnesses also say that Harris hit the player.
Harris hasn't been charged, but police in Payson — about an hour south of Salt Lake City — have arrested him for investigation of felony child abuse.
Attorney Dean Zabriskie says the boy accidentally crashed into Harris. He says police are relying too heavily on a grainy video and testimony from witnesses who were standing far away.
Smith says the boy will miss a month of playing time.