Most Viewed Stories
- State track and field notes
- Ramsey: Colorado girls’ soccer needs more yellow cards to mellow play
- Manitou Springs' Schwall drives the long ball all the way to state
- Vista Ridge claims boys’ track and field team title for school’s first champion
- Palmer Ridge can't overcome two penalty-kick goals in state semis 2-1 loss
Olympian Missy Franklin heads back to school
DENVER — Missy Franklin is headed back to school after winning four gold medals at the Olympics.
Franklin is beginning her senior year at Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora on Thursday, three days after arriving home from London.
The honor student managed to squeeze in an appearance on "The Tonight Show" Wednesday before returning to a somewhat normal teenage life.
Franklin is still leaning toward going to college rather than turning professional. She acknowledges the decision has become harder now that she's receiving more endorsement offers but she told Jay Leno that she loves being part of a team.
Accepting endorsement deals that could be worth millions would cost Franklin the chance of swimming at the collegiate level.
Franklin said her courses this year include advanced dance, forensic science and economics.